Saturday, March 9, 2013

How do I feel, really?

Time and time again I told myself to start writing before the year 2012 ended but unfortunately, I never really did. Now it's already March and I wasn't able to achieve my usual tradition of encapsulating the year before the clock ticks to midnight.

To make it short, 2012 was my year. God is good to me that year. I was able to achieve my goals for myself academically, emotionally, financially and physically (yes, I was able to hit my goal weight before the year ended. ;) )  and slowly, my dreams are becoming a reality.


Today, I am going to write about how I feel. I am very happy that I passed my first year in teaching. I know I am not perfect nor good, but I am learning. I can really see how much I have learned. It makes me happy. I have been happy for the longest duration of time since I graduated college. For that, I am really, really grateful for all the blessings He has given me.

However, at the back of my mind, some things have been bothering me.

Meeting different people from all walks of life has made me more aware of the diversity of personalities. It had also surprised me for I had always been more of a loner than a sociable person.

I keep on reminding myself, "Forgive yourself for the wrong things you have done and do better next time. Just always do your best. Learning never stops. The best way to learn is to have an open mind and to take all difficulties as a challenge."


My point is-- you can never satisfy everyone.
 Just be true to yourself.  It is pointless to try to make someone like you when they hate you at the first place. People will judge you according to the values they grew up with and to what they think is right and... unfortunately, we all have different values.

I keep on reminding myself, I am not perfect. 
I am not perfect, but I do my best to be the best I can be. I do pray that He will guide me to be a better friend, daughter, lover, teacher and a person.

I still have so many things in mind, but I guess some things are better left unsaid.

I DO hope all these emo stuff just comes from the time of the month or some random pessimism wave. XD



No comments:

Post a Comment