Thursday, May 1, 2014

Things I Learned from Nursery

So, it's time for my end-of-the-something blog post again. This time, I feel unusually inspired to write about my nursery family. 

Since I haven't been actively reading nor writing for quite awhile (except for scholarly works), bear with my writing style and what-have-yous. But sincerely, I shouldn't be saying that outloud, right? (or type that in this case) xD

Bah. Enough of that.

Never in my life have I expected to be a teacher, let alone be a pre-school teacher, who happens to handle very young children. However, life's funny. The universe has its way of turning your life around, misleading to your dreams and leading you to things that you never imagine to transpire. In my case, it's me being a preschool teacher.

My Nursery family had taught me a lot of things. Therefore, to keep this quite amusing (ha, I'm praising myself too much. XD), I will enumerate them.

1. Be Generous
 Give, and not count the cost. Give because it feels good. Give because giving is sharing and sharing is love. I have learned that there is an unexplained joy sharing even the little you have (even that means my favorite chocolate sundaes on hot, afternoon lunch get-togethers).

This, however, does not limit only to hot, afternoon lunch get-togethers, it extends throughout the people around me. As they say, "Share your blessings". Blessings naturally come, when you share it. I used to be scared to share, fearing there will come a day when I will have nothing for myself. 

If you have more, share it. Blessings come. God provides. Not necessarily the things I ask, but the things I need. :D

2. Be Patient
In life, it is inevitable that you will meet different people with different attitudes, personalities, likes and dislikes. One can never truly find the happiness in dealing with people unless they learn to be patient in understanding them.

If we would only search for the shortcomings and the weaknesses of a person, we'd never truly find the beauty in that individual.

3. Be yourself
Wherever you will go, there will always be people who will never understand you. Sometimes, you'll even find people who are irritated by all the things you do. Sometimes, to avoid such negativity, a person limits and even 'filters' themselves to the people they go with. Eventually, they pretend to be another person.

But God is kind. He will help you find the people who will accept you, regardless of which. Just be yourself. You'll find truest friends when you do.

4. Smile 
Time and time again, I've been reminded not to take things way too seriously, to avoid being too sensitive, and to avoid worrying about things around me. 

It doesn't hurt to smile a little, does it? Think positive and the universe will conspire. Worrying has never been healthy. I'm grateful to be surrounded by very positive people who teaches and inspires me to think and act more positively with the negative things around me.

5.  Pray
When in distress, pray. When depressed, pray. When scared, pray. When in doubt, pray.

When happy, pray. When successful, pray. When all the things you've prayed for were answered, pray again. :)

Never doubt the power of sincere prayers.

6. Love
Love the things you hate. Love the people around you. Love your work. When you have love, everything is possible, because love ignites passion and passion sparks enthusiasm and enthusiasm is a catalyst for happiness. Therefore, love is happiness! :D

7. Eat fruits and gulay.
It has always been my struggle to eat healthily. For reasons unknown, my body seems to react whenever I eat foreign food (such as fruits and vegetables). I experience goosebumps, I choke on my food or I make weird facial expressions. You know, the usual reaction a child gets when forced to eat fruits and vegetables.

I am proud to say, my appetite for eating fruits and vegetables has (slightly) expanded! At least, it's a start! My nursery family never forced me to eat them, nor encouraged me, however they inspired me to eat healthily.

I know SOON, I'll be able to eat MORE healthy food. Thanks to my nursery family. :3

They say nothing in this world happens by chance. I never truly believed that until I met them. I had never been happier. :D






No comments:

Post a Comment